We will be closed Nov. 24 & 25th, Dec 26th, Jan 2nd to observe the holiday seasons.
Winters Auto Body Repair, Inc.
5401 Hwy 69 North, Northport, Al. 35473
Phone: (205) 339-8984
Fax: (205) 339-8954
Thank you for choosing Winters Auto Body Repair for your collision repair and refinish needs. We know you had a choice of shops, and we greatly appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Over the next couple of months your paint will continue to cure (cure refers to the time needed to allow the solvents used in the paint process to fully evaporate, so the clearcoat can harden). For lasting beauty for your new paint work, we recommend the following care:
We suggest waiting two weeks before you wash your vehicle. If you notice a buildup of mud, dust or bird droppings, simply rinse with water and gently dry with a clean, soft towel such as microfiber. We have washed the newly refinished panels on your vehicle before you picked it up. After two weeks we would encourage you to wash your vehicle periodically. Ensure you use a specifically formulated mild soap on the paint surfaces (such as Mequiars or Mothers). Never use dish soap as this will dull the finish, and increase the water spotting on the painted surface. Just as important, remember to dry your vehicle after washing using a soft, scratch and lint free towel meant for painted surfaces. Water spots left on the surface can leave a permanent water mark on fresh paint. If possible, avoid the automatic car washes. If it is necessary, make sure the car wash is “touchless” and offers a “spot-free” rinse. Do not apply wax to the freshly painted surfaces for about 60 days.
Three Months Later
Three months after picking up your vehicle, it is important to wax the painted surfaces. Waxing before 90 days can hinder the curing process and lead to problems with your new paint, which is not covered in your paint warranty. It is recommended that you use a good quality wax designed for clearcoat refinishes, preferably a Carnauba wax. This has a natural base and rock hard finish to protect your paint. Follow the application directions on your wax product. To continue to protect your paint for years to come, wash your vehicle on a regular basis.
Tips to Protect Your Vehicle’s Refinish
It is best if you can always park your vehicle in a garage or covered area. We know this is not always possible, so the following will help ensure a long lasting, beautiful finish on your vehicle:
· Avoid extreme heat or cold temperature when your car has new paint, if possible
· Do not continually park under trees. Tree sap and bird droppings can ruin your refinish. Bird droppings are highly acidic and can etch or mark your new paint.
· Avoid driving on gravel roads. New paint is easier to chip in the first 60 days. Also avoid newly laid asphalt as it is difficult to remove and if left on the painted surface too long, will damage the new paint.
· If you accidentally spill any automotive fluid (oil, gas, antifreeze, transmission fluid, brake fluid, or washer solvent) immediately and thoroughly rinse with water and gently dry.
· Apply touch-up paint to any scratch or chip as soon as possible. If left unattended, chips and scratches can start to rust immediately and is not covered by your paint warranty.
Thank you again for your business. If you have any questions or further needs,
Please do not hesitate giving us a call, email, or stop by!
Estimates are by appointment only.
Schedule an appointment in the Online Appointments section of the home page. Click "Book" and pick a time. This process looks like making an online purchase, but don't worry...it will show no cost at the end.
Please note that we are now scheduling repairs for Jan-Feb 2023.
Prices and amounts of estimates received now are likely to increase.
If an insurance company is involved, you may
not need an estimate. Bring a copy of the estimate with you so we can determine the direction of repair.